In a farewell to a fairly decent summer we gathered around the fire pit. It was actually the first of the year. For most of 2022 the heatwave and drought made garden fires irresponsible. But whereas the drought is still a worry, the recent rain means it’s at least safe and we had not used our popcorn popper gift at all this year.
I changed the fuel filters on Nora. The port engine is a 4.270d as opposed to the starboard one is just a 4.270. Apparently both are marinesed combine harvester engines. 1960 and 1961.
The manual pump is different on this side. It’s a plastic cylinder than unscrews then acts as a piston. It took 170 pumps to bleed both filters from empty.
The filters even have little handles to pull out.
It took 10 minutes in total to change both filters, Bleed them and start the engine.
I did not replace the o rings.
The plant that recovered:
The plant that was not affected:
The plant that is still afflicted.
Zoomed into the afflicted plant
It was one of the most gorgeous sunsets I’ve seen for a while last night.
- roofing http://t.co/nYXae99L #
- I feel like I have spent the weekend painting doors. #
- Sunrise http://t.co/krwiHanX #
- Well Osborne's had me convinced. I've been wrong these years and the Tories are really for us all. They are on my side. He just told me so. #
- Got a Brother MFC-7820n that misfeeds. Cannot fix it. Any #cambridge printer repair shops? #
I do neglect this blog badly. Still blogging about our latest building project though.
- How times change. I have DVI and HDMI cables coming out my ears but can I find a VGA cable? #
- Anyplace I can get brewer's yeast (for cider) in #Cambridge or should I just use baker's yeast (hey it's all S.cerevisiae right!)? #
- need to rescan my Mythtv freesat box soon. http://t.co/x7rD8orC #
- Looking for an access point to add to a Draytek2820n. Only need roaming. No WDS. Cat6 backhaul. Any suggestions? #
- emailed a company's technical support only to be told blatant bollocks. What happened to good technical support? #
- finished The Atrocity Archives (The Laundry Files) by Charles Stross http://t.co/eHgw3J8a #Kindle #
- There's a Mountain Lion and Lion supplemental update this morning. That sneaked under the rader. Must be urgent. #
- No builders on site today. It feels weirdly quiet. #
- Voyager has left the building. http://t.co/5ZvlpnXU We are now a interstellar travelling race, almost. #
- .. and so the rain really starts #
- Builders started early. I was out walking dog so did not hear the grinder start. Apologies to neighbours #
- Anybody around #horningsea keep pigs? Will have a lot of apple pulp (after juicing) on Saturday. #
- So the two tubs of ice cream are actually frozen stew. #
- Finally. iOS6 syncs draft email. #
- It's the #Horningsea Apple Day this Saturday http://t.co/f7nOs5fa #
- The Prisoner's Dilemma and climate change http://t.co/cVOpEQnY #
- I see an update to #skitch feeling hopeful. #
- Ready to press some apples? #horningsea Apple Pressing Day is today #
- As a shedworker when winter comes it get's me down! Surely we can have a few more days of sunshine, pretty please! #
- Why do I have to use "Messages", "Adium", IM+Pro" and "iOS Messages"? Apple should "buy" Adium. I would love that. #
- Enjoyed Judge Dredd the movie. No Sly though the Chopper graffiti made up for that. #
- iOS6 is downloading……! #
- New versions of Skitch, iOS, OSX ML update AND SuperDuper. With these Fererro Rocher you are spoliing us etc… #
- So cannot flag Gmail emails and I seem to have lost multiple Twitter accounts. Is iOS6 an upgrade? #
- .@Skitch get it together. Two crashes after three screenshots. Why are you in the dock and not in the titlebar. #
- Every single comment on the Skitch 2.0 blog is negative. http://t.co/eFMNnrYn I'm not enjoying this new version. Plus it crashes a lot! #
- .@skitch how do I change the pen size for annotations? #
- The oak frame has been sandblasted today. http://t.co/W4ylevxh #
- A true mobile office http://t.co/aq3aACat Not sure I could do this. But I'd like to try. #
- BBC NEWs just describe Nigel Farage as "charismatic". Do they know what the word means? #